Ambiguous Hand Signal

I was bicycling in the sparsely populated section of East Norman and had stopped to swap out water bottles.No traffic. Rolling hills. Lovely countryside. It's some of the best bicycling around in these parts.


Seeing me stopped on the side of the rather desolate road, a passing big, red truck started to roll to a halt. I gave the driver a thumbs up, the universal sign for "It's okay; I'm fine". It was only when I saw the quizzical look on her face that I realized that the thumbs-up is also the hand signal for when you need a ride.

Was I okay, or did I need a ride to town? No wonder she was confused. I smiled and waved and made happy faces and she drove away.

No traffic. Rolling hills. Lovely countryside. And to top it off, SAG vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment