Getting Safely Out of Here

The major worry we had when planning this trip was the kids' health. Would they be able to get through 2 months in India without falling sick? They've been drinking only bottled water, and never get to eat anything that has not been boiled. Not even a soda.

And wouldn't you know it? I'm the one who falls sick. Mainly due to my fondness for jackfruit. I had eaten it safely several times before but this time, the knife the vendor used must have been infected ... I ended up with severe stomach cramps, going to the clinic at 3am and getting an IV infusion. I'm all through it, but the doc put me on a cocktail of antibiotics for the next two weeks.


"To get you safely out of here", the doctor said when I remarked that the amount of medicine seemed to be a bit extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment