Arguing like a 20-year old

This is Ezra Levant, a Canadian magazine publisher, telling off the Canadian Human Rights Commission when they asked him why he republished the Danish cartoons that set off riots in the Muslim world:



His argumentative style reminds me of several fellows I went to college with. But I would have thought this is an argument that no one over 20 would make. Obviously I was wrong.

The riots, by the way, came about several months after the cartoons were published. And they came out only because some Danish imams (talk about a fifth column!) had extensively shopped the Danish cartoons in several Muslim countries. When the original cartoons didn't raise any hackles, the imams added a couple of really offensive forgeries to make sure the whole issue got some traction.

UPDATE: The friend from college days who I had in mind emails to report: i've now discovered that a good conversation with my wife involves me listening all the time and keeping my goddammed opinions to myself. that's the road to marital bliss :-)

1 comment:

  1. Islamofascist-Dhimmi Axis Assault on Free Speech

    Muslims Against Sharia are proud to be the first Muslim group to publicly support Ezra Levant and denounce HRC inquisition.

    Proceedings against Ezra Levant are nothing short of ridiculous. HRC legitimizes radicals' claims that Islam cannot be criticized and Freedom of Speech only applies to radical Muslims.

    But Ezra Levant is not alone. The latest casualties of Islamofascist-Dhimmi Axis Assault on Free Speech include Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, Fouad al-Farhan, Joe Kaufman, and Mark Steyn. Are you going to be next? http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/2008/01/islamofascist-dhimmi-axis-assault-on.html

    ReplyDelete