Arguing like a 20-year old

This is Ezra Levant, a Canadian magazine publisher, telling off the Canadian Human Rights Commission when they asked him why he republished the Danish cartoons that set off riots in the Muslim world:



His argumentative style reminds me of several fellows I went to college with. But I would have thought this is an argument that no one over 20 would make. Obviously I was wrong.

The riots, by the way, came about several months after the cartoons were published. And they came out only because some Danish imams (talk about a fifth column!) had extensively shopped the Danish cartoons in several Muslim countries. When the original cartoons didn't raise any hackles, the imams added a couple of really offensive forgeries to make sure the whole issue got some traction.

UPDATE: The friend from college days who I had in mind emails to report: i've now discovered that a good conversation with my wife involves me listening all the time and keeping my goddammed opinions to myself. that's the road to marital bliss :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment